RE: Problems connecting to remote database with recent pgAdminversions

От Igor Neyman
Тема RE: Problems connecting to remote database with recent pgAdminversions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: Calle Hedberg [mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:52 AM
To: pgadmin-support@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Problems connecting to remote database with recent pgAdmin versions

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems viewing tables and running scripts on a remote database (accessed using pgremote) with version 3.4 and 3.5 - I never had similar problems with earlier versions on the same remote server database. When e.g. selecting "view/edit last 100 records" for a table, or when opening a query tool window, I get a small red "disconnect" symbol but no error message of any kind.

It is erratic, though - in periods everything works fine, then it starts failing again. During failure periods, I've also noticed that retrieving meta-data (properties, SQL) is very sluggish (but usually working, so the db IS connected)

I suspect this is related to some change in a timeout configuration, but I don't know which and/or whether this behaviour need to be addressed through a pgadmin configuration setting or a configuration setting on the server side (the latter has not changed, but I obviously cannot rule out that there are changes in overall internet connectivity speed/bandwidth)

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Regards

Calle

What is “pgremote”?