Postgres Security Patches Question

От Patil, Prashant
Тема Postgres Security Patches Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Team,

We have a question related to security patches.

Following is our server specification:-

OS-RedHat 7

Postgres – 9.3 (planning to upgrade to 11.2) and 11.2

We have installed postgres using source code and moved postgres data, config and share default install directories to custom directories/mount points. If there is any security patch that need to apply on postgres database in future, 1. Would security patch available in form of source code/zip file OR do we have to apply it using rpm? 2. If rpm, would it be possible to install security patch on postgres custom directories through RPM? 3. Any caveat that we need to aware about?

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Prashant

This email may contain confidential or privileged material. Use or disclosure of it by anyone other than the recipient is unauthorized. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this email.