Re: Incrementally refreshed materialized view

От Rakesh Kumar
Тема Re: Incrementally refreshed materialized view
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Of course 9.5 is the current release so the answer is Yes, since 9.5

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-creatematerializedview.html

What am I missing. I don't see any support for incremental refresh.

Just in case we are not speaking the same thing:  When a MV is created for the first time on a base table, all further updates on the base table, will be handled by only applying the delta changes to the base table. That is called incremental refresh. Check how DB2 does it:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_9.7.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.sql.ref.doc/doc/r0000977.html

Or does " REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW." does it only incremental refresh.

Does PG have a concept of MV log, from where it can detect the delta changes and apply  incremental changes quickly.