Re: Question about a query plan

От Thomas O'Connell
Тема Re: Question about a query plan
Дата
Re: Question about a query plan  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 16, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> First question is why the planner is not using an index scan when I
> use "now()" or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP?

It also used to be the case (pre-8.0; I couldn't find in the release
notes whether this was an 8.0 or 8.1 fix) that now() and
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP were not indexable, I think because of mutability.

For older versions of postgres, it's recommended that you determine
the time in the client and use constant data in your query.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™