Re: No warning for a no-op REVOKE

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: No warning for a no-op REVOKE
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Mar 25, 2024, at 07:20, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 25 Mar 2024, at 15:09, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> My initial reaction is that we should warn only when the command
>> is a complete no-op, that is none of the mentioned privileges
>> matched.
>
> That's my gut reaction too,

I think that's fine.  The all-singing-all-dancing solution would be to warn if the role retains any of the mentioned
privilegesfor some other reason, as in:

    WARNING: role "lowpriv" still has EXECUTE permission on "f()" via a grant to role "PUBLIC" by role "owner"

... but I suspect the implementation complexity there isn't trivial.