Re: perl garbage collector

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: perl garbage collector
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Jun 27, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Jean-Max Reymond wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a stored procedure written in perl and I doubt that perl's
> garbage collector is working :-(
> after a lot of work, postmaster has a size of 1100 Mb and  I think
> that the keyword "undef" has no effects.
> Before tuning my procedure, does it exist a known issue, a
> workaround ?

just because your application frees the memory doesn't mean that the
OS takes it back.   in other words, don't confuse memory usage with
memory leakage.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Вложения

От: Jean-Max Reymond
Сообщение: perl garbage collector
От: "Karl O. Pinc"
Сообщение: Poor index choice -- multiple indexes of the same columns