Re: Adding a crucial element to an example

От John Gage
Тема Re: Adding a crucial element to an example
Дата
Re: Adding a crucial element to an example  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
After the CREATE statement I would simply put:

INSERT INTO emp VALUES ('Bill', 4200, 45, '(2,1)');

What that accomplishes is making it so the user can simply copy and
paste the entire section and run it in pg_admin.  Then, the user can
start fiddling with it as he wants to.

I know this sounds terribly simple, but simplicity is good,
particularly when you're climbing a steep learning curve.  And there
is certainly, unequivocally, no harm in simplicity.

Thanks,

John