Re: Postgres 7.4 and vacuum_cost_delay.

От Chris Mckenzie
Тема Re: Postgres 7.4 and vacuum_cost_delay.
Дата
Re: Postgres 7.4 and vacuum_cost_delay.
Список pgsql-performance

Thanks.

My first check was of course a grep/search of the postgres.conf, next it was a complete source grep for vacuum_cost_delay.

I've come to the conclusion I need to simply start tracking all transactions and determining a cost/performance for the larger and frequently updated tables without the benefit and penalty of pg_statio.

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim C. Nasby [mailto:jnasby@pervasive.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:39 PM
To: Chris Mckenzie
Cc: 'pgsql-performance@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Postgres 7.4 and vacuum_cost_delay.

show all and grep are your friend. From my laptop with 8.1:

decibel@phonebook.1[16:36]~:4%psql -tc 'show all' | grep vacuum_cost_delay|tr -s ' ' autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay | -1 | Vacuum cost delay in milliseconds, for autovacuum. vacuum_cost_delay | 0 | Vacuum cost delay in milliseconds. decibel@phonebook.1[16:37]~:5%

I don't have a 7.4 copy around, but you can just check it yourself.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby@pervasive.com
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117