RE: [JDBC] Lost in unicode?

От Philip Yue
Тема RE: [JDBC] Lost in unicode?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
When your Java talks to non-Java anything, the Unicode is easily broken.
You have to make sure what you insert into the db is actually Unicode.

Philip Yue
XML Global
www.xmlglobal.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Czeyka [mailto:czeyka@skwea.co.jp]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2001 1:29 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org;
pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Lost in unicode?

Hello to all,

I compiled postgresql with unicode support:
./configure --enable-multibyte=UNICODE
later I create the DB: createDB JMdict -R UNICODE
\encoding shows UNICODE

so far, so good...

As java natively speaks unicode(UTF-8), just naively wrote strings of
Japanese
into the DB.
But actually they reside as "?" in the Database.
this doesn't seem to be UNICODE support, i.e. I am probably missing
something,
as of how I can enter data as unicode.

Hopefully you might help me out there, as I'm probably not the only one
with
the ned of UNICODE and Java.

best greets & cheers,
chris