Need Help selecting Large Data From PQSQL

От
Тема Need Help selecting Large Data From PQSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

        I am using Postgresql 8.1 for handling large data.

        I am having One Parent Table and Child Table I.e.inherits from parent table.

       The constraint for partitioning table is date range.

       I have to generate monthly report, report generation query contains union with other table also.

       The report contains more than 70,000 records but it takes more than half an hour and some time no result.

        Please help me to generating the report fast.

Regards,
Shilpa

www.wipro.com