Re: SSL tests fail on OpenSSL v3.2.0

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: SSL tests fail on OpenSSL v3.2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 29 Nov 2023, at 16:21, Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:
>
> On Tue Nov 28, 2023 at 9:42 AM CST, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Tristan Partin" <tristan@neon.tech> writes:
>> > When you say "this" are you referring to the patch I sent or adding > support for BoringSSL?
>>
>> I have no interest in supporting BoringSSL.
>
> Funnily enough, here[0] is BoringSSL adding the BIO_{get,set}_app_data() APIs.

Still doesn't seem like a good candidate for a postgres TLS library since they
themselves claim:

   "Although BoringSSL is an open source project, it is not intended for
    general use, as OpenSSL is.  We don't recommend that third parties depend
    upon it.  Doing so is likely to be frustrating because there are no
    guarantees of API or ABI stability."

--
Daniel Gustafsson