Re: SSL tests fail on OpenSSL v3.2.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SSL tests fail on OpenSSL v3.2.0
Дата
Re: SSL tests fail on OpenSSL v3.2.0
Список pgsql-hackers
> Interesting.  I have yet to look at that in details, but
> BIO_get_app_data() exists down to 0.9.8, which is the oldest version
> we need to support for stable branches.  So that looks like a safe
> bet.

What about LibreSSL?  In general, I'm not too pleased with just assuming
that BIO_get_app_data exists.  If we can do that, we can probably remove
most of the OpenSSL function probes that configure.ac has today.  Even
if that's a good idea in HEAD, I doubt we want to do it all the way back.

I'd be inclined to form the patch more along the lines of
s/BIO_get_data/BIO_get_app_data/g, with a configure check for
BIO_get_app_data and falling back to the existing direct use of
bio->ptr if it's not there.