Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 20 Apr 2023, at 14:40, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see "man grep" categorises the command line options and then sorts
> alphabetically within the category.

On FreeBSD and macOS "man grep" lists all options alphabetically.

> FWIW, vacuumdb --help has its options in alphabetical order using the
> abbreviated form of the option.

It does (as most of our binaries do) group "Connection options" separately
though, and in initdb --help and pg_dump --help we have other groupings as
well.

--
Daniel Gustafsson