Re: Problem compiling on HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX

От Ron Harter
Тема Re: Problem compiling on HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
After some further investigation it turns out to be a Compaq problem, the
compiler doesn't default to IEEE floating point. Once the
-ieee was added to the compiler switches in the makefile everything built
fine.

 --
 Ron Harter                | Tongue, Tied and Twisted
 rharter@pobox.com  | Just an earth bound misfit ... I

"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in message
> "Ron Harter" <rharter@pobox.com> writes:
> > We are trying to compile and install postgresql on Tru64 UNIX. We get
some
> > errors during the build saying NAN not defined.
>
> AFAICS, all uses of NAN in the PG code are preceded by something like
>
> #ifndef NAN
> #define NAN (0.0/0.0)
> #endif
>
> ... which might or might not be the right thing for your platform, but
> it certainly shouldn't yield an "undefined name" kind of error.
>
> Could you be more specific about what error you're getting?
> And where?
>
> regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: 723 failed to compile [FreeBSD-4.7-STABLE]
Сообщение: Re: 723 failed to compile [FreeBSD-4.7-STABLE]