Re: Security - local(TRUST) and php/perl access

От Dave
Тема Re: Security - local(TRUST) and php/perl access
Дата
Список pgsql-php
>Anything running on the same machine, whether a shell, PHP, or Perl, is
>covered by the "trust" statement, unless you make the mistake of
>routing your connection through an external interface.

this is what I was afraid of

>However, I strongly reccommend against using "trust" on any public web
>server.

agreed, thus my concern...

it appears however that if everything is set to password (or better) that
postgres doesn't start on reboot.  the startup script reads

case $1 in
start)
    [ -d /usr/local/pgsql/lib ] && /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/pgsql/lib
    [ -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl ] && {
        su -l pgsql -c \
            'exec /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -w start > /usr/local/pgsql/errlog
        echo -n ' pgsql'
    }
    ;;

essentially what happens is that the startup waits for the password to be
entered, and as such that and any following services in the local/rc directory
are never started... it times out after a time (if memory serves).

workaround without security ramifications?

Dave

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: