Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker

От Roffild
Тема Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker
Дата
Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker  (Feike Steenbergen <feikesteenbergen@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Docker is now the DevOps standard. It's easier to build an image for
Docker and run the site with one command.

But the volume mount has a limitation with chmod 755. I don't want to
write the database directly to the container.

The container is isolated from everything. Therefore, checking the file
permissions inside the container is meaningless. And writing to the
container is also a "security hole".

The world has changed! And the old standards don't work...

28.05.2022 18:49, Tom Lane:
> Lacks documentation, too.  But it doesn't matter, because we are not
> going to accept such a "feature".  The OP has offered no justification
> why this is necessary (and no, he's not the first who's ever used
> Postgres inside Docker).  Introducing a security hole that goes
> against twenty-five years of deliberate project policy is going to
> require a heck of a lot better-reasoned argument than "there's an
> issue inside Docker".

Сообщение: Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker
Сообщение: Re: postgres and initdb not working inside docker