Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold

От Mikko Tiihonen
Тема Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> > but this jdbc driver feature is
> >supposed to be more of a debug feature, because it slows down queries due to needing an extra
> >round-trip for each query.
>
> Mikko, binary transfer should not be considered a "debug" feature.

I know. I wrote the original jdbc driver binary transfer code because I wanted better performance.

But you clipped half of my sentence it stars with:

"An alternative is to request binary transfers from the first query" - meaning that the debug feature
is the performance killer that requests binary transfers for also the first query by doing a backend
round-trip to describe what kind of in/out parameters the operation contains - before executing the
actual statement.

It is currently used by jdbc driver unit test framework so that every operation need not be tried n
times in unit tests to verify that the binary transfers work for all operations.

-Mikko

Сообщение: Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold
Сообщение: Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold