Re: psql for winxp?

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: psql for winxp?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jerry,

You can use psql directly and communicate with it using a pipe
stream. On Windows I believe this is equivalent to calling
CreateProcess and CreatePipe which results in a bidirectional stream.
This is how pgEdit makes use of psql for the editor.

I'm not familiar with Tcl or Python, but hopefully they have
facilities to do this.

BTW, the psql binary is part of the Windows PostgreSQL installer.

On Jun 19, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> I would like to install a "psql" command line program on
> my winxp box. ( something that acts like psql on a unix box.)
>
> I hope to embed such a program in my Tcl/Tk and Python
> PostgreSQL browsers so I can more offer more functionality
> in the browsers...
>
> My development environment on XP is restricted to
> scripting languages ( tcl and python ).
>
> Any candidates/suggestions?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/