Re: Question to schema public

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Question to schema public
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kai Behncke wrote:
> If I create on my system (Postgresql 8.2.4) a new database it
> gets automatically the schema public.
>
> I would like to know what this schema is for?

It is kind of a "default schema". If you keep the standard
configuration, then every user can access objects in this schema
without specifying a schema name.

If you don't need schema public, you can also delete it without
breaking anything.

> On my system I have a couple of different users.
> The owner of the public-schema is postgres.
>
> Could it be Fatal to give all of my users the maximum
> permissions to change that public schema? What could be the result?

That shouldn't be a problem. It means that
a) every user can create objects in this schema
b) every user can access objects in this schema
   (IF the object allows it)

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Database/Table Design for Global Country Statistics
Сообщение: Re: Database/Table Design for Global Country Statistics