Re: About aggregates...

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: About aggregates...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Giannakopoulos wrote:
> I would like to ask if there is any way to make an aggregate function
to take a set of tuples as an
> input variable. I know that an actual aggregate function receives each
tuple one at a time and process
> it on the fly. However I want to store tuples in an incremental
fashion so as to process them in a
> batch approach in the finalaggr function. Think for example
implementing logistic regression (which is
> an OLAP query by its nature). I want to support it with the current
features that PostgreSQL provides
> from which the closest feature is an aggregate. However an aggregate
function feeds me one a tuple for
> each call, but I would like to have access to a batch of tuples per
function call. Is there any
> possible way to perform something like this?

If you write in C, there is nothing that keeps you from
storing all the rows that come in in memory allocated in
a suitable MemoryContext and process them all at the end.

You might run out of memory though.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: libpq - PQsendQuery wait for complete result
От: maxxedev maxxedev
Сообщение: postgres timestamp data errors