Re: config file question between versions 7.4 - 9.1

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: config file question between versions 7.4 - 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Randy Johnson wrote:
> in the config file for 7.4 we have an entry:
>
> shared_buffers = 1000 # min 16, at least max_connections*2, 8KB each
>
> in 9.1 the default is:
>
> shared_buffers = 32MB
>

> max connections is the default 100
>
> Do I need to make any adjustments or can I leave it at the default?
>
> The machine is dedicated to Postgres and has 8GB of memory and a
default install of 9.1 and 7.4
> doesn't appear to have any custom configuration.

Read the documentation at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-resource.ht
ml#GUC-SHARED-BUFFERS

I'd set it to something between 500MB and 2GB.
You can use the pg_buffercache contrib module to check how
the buffer cache is used and adjust accordingly.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe