Re: Significance of Postgres (version 9.1.1) Compilation parameters - Performance

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Significance of Postgres (version 9.1.1) Compilation parameters - Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jayashankar K B wrote:
> Could anyone explain me the significance of the following compile time
parameters ?

> 1.     --disable-integer-datetimes
>
> 2.     --disable-float4-byval
>
> 3.     --disable-float8-byval
>

> Do they have any effect on performance of postgres w.r.t speed of
database insert/select, amount of
> CPU used during insert/select ?
>
> How can I know the default compile time parameter values?
>

> The environment in which we are trying to run postgres is a freescale
MCF54xx controller based board
> having 512MB RAM, 2GB memory with custom built Linux (32-bit
environment).

The options are well described in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-procedure.html

--disable-integer-datetimes changes the internal storage and the
precision
of date/time data types.  Leave the default.

The other two options are only needed if you have old server extensions
written in C.  They affect performance negatively.  Leave the default.

The default is to have all three options on --enable-*

Yours,
Laurenz Albe