Re: Are file system level differential/incremental backups possible?

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Are file system level differential/incremental backups possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob Hatfield wrote:
> Is it possible to do a full file system level backup of the data
> directory, say once a week, and differentials or incrementals daily?
>
> I'm wondering if there are files that would normally be removed that a
> restore: Full then diff/inc would not remove and perhaps
> corrupt/confuse things.

If you drop or truncate a table between the full and the incremental
backup, will that file be "resurrected"?

Such resurrected files will not disturb PostgreSQL, but if you keep
them around, you might end up with a lot of dead files if you have to
restore a couple of times.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe