Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> It seems to me that the hard part of this problem is to describe
>> the general mechanism by which conflicts will be detected, with
>> specific references to the types of data structures that will be
>> used to hold that information.
>
> Well, the general approach to tracking SIREAD locks I had in mind is
> to keep them in the existing lock data structures.
> [...]
If I remember right, one necessity for the SIREAD lock technique was
that SIREAD locks taken by a transaction have to be kept after the
transaction has ended.
Won't that require fundamental changes?
Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state