Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed
Список pgsql-general
Alexandra Roy wrote:
> It was a 32-bit build as I didn't have set the "OBJECT_MODE" to 64.
> I call configure and make using as root user:
>
>     # ./configure
>     # gmake
>
> The releases of "make" and "gcc" are :
> make-3.80-1
> gcc-4.2.0-3

Hmmm, I dont get the error if I set OBJECT_MODE to 32 and
do what you did, but I have PostgreSQL 8.4 here.

config.log and pg_config.h look like yours...

> Since my post, I have followed the advice of PostgreSQL 8.4
> documentation on AIX to do a 64-bit build:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/installation-platform-notes.html#INSTALLATION-NOTES-AIX
> that is to say I have :
> - set OBJECT_MODE to 64
> - pass CC="gcc -maix64" and LDFLAGS="-Wl,-bbigtoc" to configure
> - execute gmake
>
> gmake failed with these errors :

[...]
>     ar crs libpgport.a strlcat.o strlcpy.o getopt_long.o chklocale.o
>     copydir.o dirmod.o exec.o noblock.o path.o pipe.o pgsleep.o
>     pgstrcasecmp.o qsort.o qsort_arg.o sprompt.o thread.o
>     ar: 0707-126 strlcat.o is not valid with the current object file mode.
>             Use the -X option to specify the desired object mode.

You have to export OBJECT_MODE. Setting it is not enough.

Did you 'make clean' first? Otherwise some 64-bit objects might still be around...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe