Re: connecting using libpq breaks printf

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: connecting using libpq breaks printf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joey Morris wrote:
> This is my first attempt at using libpq, and I'm running across a strange
> problem. Here is my bare-bones program:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include "libpq-fe.h"
>
> int main(int argc, char **argv) {
>   PGconn *conn;
>   fprintf(stderr, "connecting\n");
>   conn = PQconnectdb("dbname=postgres");
>   PQfinish(conn);
>   return 0;
> }
>
> I expected this program to print "connecting", but in fact I get no output
> whatsoever. If I comment out the PQconnectdb and PQfinish lines, I see
> "connecting" as expected. What could be going on here?

I tried your program, and it compiles and runs on my MinGW installation
and also writes the output to stderr.

One silly question first: are you sure that you actually call your
executable? You didn't name it "test.exe", did you?

If you have problems printing to stderr, you could write to a log file:
outf = fopen("logfile.txt", "a"); fprintf(outf, "whatever"); fclose(outf);
or something like that.
If that doesn't work, odds are good that your code is not executed at all.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe