Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce wrote:
> that is correct.  DATABASE privileges relate to connecting to the
> database, permissions to create objects and so forth.

To be precise, there are 3 privileges:
- create temporary tables
- connect to the database
- create schemata

To be allowed to create a table, you need the create privilege
on the containing schema.

To be allowed to select from a table, you also need the usage
privilege on the schema containing the object.

You have all privileges on an object you own.

I guess that should clarify the behaviour in the original question.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3
Сообщение: Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3