Re: [BUGS] Integrity check

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: [BUGS] Integrity check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Fetter wrote:
> > Please can you assist on following questions.
>
> This is an issue for pgsql-general, where I'm redirecting this.
> >
> > * do you any tool to check postgreSQL database integrity check?
>
> No more than Oracle does.  We get it right in the first place.  The
> existence of "integrity checking" tools means the DBMS is done with
> high incompetence.

What about VACUUM VERBOSE?
Pre 8.4, it will touch every block and get problems if
the block contains garbage.
From 8.4 on, maybe a VACUUM FULL is necessary.

Of course this will not check stuff the integrity of
foreign key constraints, but it should detect most block
corruptions, right?

> > * how do we confirm that dump file is proper data?
>
> See above.

How about "restore the dump and look if there are errors"?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe