Re: Problem with listen_addresses = '*' on 8.4beta2 on AIX

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Problem with listen_addresses = '*' on 8.4beta2 on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Drat.  Okay, that easy solution probably won't fly.  Anyone with AIX
> access want to try to develop a patch that covers this case without
> breaking the other ones?

I can try, but I only have AIX 5.3 to test with, so I won't be able
to test for bugs in other versions.

I would need to know what the problems with getaddrinfo on AIX are.
Is this an exhaustive list?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg01705.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/msg01069.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-10/msg00909.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-07/msg01018.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-04/msg00474.php

I'll also try to investigate known bugs in AIX' getaddrinfo.

AIX 4.3 has been out of support for some time - if it makes the
task easier, would it be an option to desupport it?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe