Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and XA Distributed Transaction Protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christian Ferrari wrote:
> I'm developing a new, free, XA compliant transaction manager.
> One of the first resource manager I would be glad to support
> is PostgreSQL; after some googling I have found no
> information related to PostgreSQL and XA protocol support.
> Can anyone give me more information related to this matter?

To the best of my knowledge, the only XA interface in PostgreSQL
is SQL.

A session participating in a distributed transaction would
issue "PREPARE TRANSACTION <name>", and the transaction manager
can "COMMIT PREPARED <name>" or "ROLLBACK PREPARED <name>".

The currently active prepared transactions cann be seen in
the pg_prepared_xacts system catalog.

That should be good enough to implement a transaction manager,
right?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe