Re: probelm with alter table add constraint......

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: probelm with alter table add constraint......
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
roopasatish wrote:
> I have an issue with the add foreign key constraint which
> goes for waiting and locks other queries as well.
>
> ALTER TABLE ONLY holding_positions ADD CONSTRAINT
> holding_positions_stock_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY (stock_id)
>       REFERENCES stocks (stock_id) MATCH SIMPLE
>       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION;
>
> The holding_positions table has no data in it as yet.

Look in pg_catalog.pg_locks for a second transaction that
holds a lock on the table holding_positions.

How many backends do you see in pg_stat_activity that
are running or in a transaction?

Any other backend that is in a transaction that has e.g.
selected from the table will block the ALTER TABLE.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe