Re: Prepared statement already exists

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Prepared statement already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please, send your replies to the list as well.

WireSpot wrote:
> > Do you still need the old prepared statement?
> >
> > If not, you can simple DEALLOCATE it and then try the PREPARE again.
>
> Yes, I'd like to keep the old statements, that's part of the perks --
> if a query will be repeated it will (possibly) benefit from the
> statement being already prepared.

I see.

Then you'll have a way to remember the names of prepared statements,
because otherwise you cannot reuse them.

You'll have to find a way to pick or generate unique names for the
prepared statements.
You could check for name collisions and disambiguate with a suffix
or something.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe