Re: SAST FATAL: could not access private key file "server.key"

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: SAST FATAL: could not access private key file "server.key"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Coventry wrote:
> When starting Postgres I get the following:
>

> root@Admin:/home/it# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.2 start
>  * Starting PostgreSQL 8.2 database server
>           * The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output:
> 2008-07-01 13:37:39 SAST FATAL:  could not access private key file
> "server.key": Permission denied
>
> What is the "server key"?
>
> And how do I make it accessible?

If you don't need SSL, set 'ssl=off' in postgresql.conf.
If you want SSL,
1) read the manual on SSL support
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/ssl-tcp.html
2) Is there a file server.key? If yes, make it readable to the
   postgres user. If not, create it as documented.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe