Re: problem with to_ascii() function in version 8.3.3

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: problem with to_ascii() function in version 8.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://groups.google.com/group/pgsql.general/browse_thread/thread/f74650e3b3248ff0/9f36fb072ea1dc98?lnk=gst&q=to_ascii#9f36fb072ea1dc98
> and he managed to use to_ascii function with following command
> sequence:
>
> create table chartest ( c text);
> insert into chartest (c) values ('á');
> select to_ascii(encode(convert_to(c,'LATIN9'),'escape'),'LATIN9') from
> chartest;
>
> His output was:
>
> to_ascii
> ----------
>
> but i'm getting:
>
>  to_ascii
> ----------
>  \341
>
> What am I doing wrong? How to_ascii function should be used?

What answer do you get to the following two SQL statements:

SHOW server_encoding;
SHOW client_encoding;

Maybe that will help to understand.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: "Markus Wollny"
Сообщение: Slony-I configuration problem, probably due to custom casts in 8.3