Re: how to sync the system table with pg_dump

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: how to sync the system table with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gary Fu wrote:
> I tried to use pg_dump to restore (sync) a database, but I noticed that
> the system table pg_namespace was not synced.

If you restore a database, entries in pg_namespace will be created if
the dump contains any CREATE SCHEMA statements, i.e. if there are
schemas in your original database.

Check if the dump was created and restored by a database user with
the appropriate permissions (a superuser ideally), and look out for
error messages.

Do not try to manually change pg_namespace. Just don't.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe