Re: Postgres Encoding conversion problem

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Postgres Encoding conversion problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:
>>> I sometimes have a problem with conversion of encodings eg from UTF-8
>>> tio ShiftJIS:
>>>
>>> ERROR:  character 0xf0a0aeb7 of encoding "UTF8" has no
>>> equivalent in "SJIS"
>>>
>>> I have no idea what character this is, I cannot view it in my
>>> browser, etc.
>>
>> It translates to Unicode 10BB7, which is not defined.
>
> Actually it's <U+20BB7 CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-20BB7>.

Oops, you're correct. Made an error in my calculations. Thanks.

So that explains the problem.
Still, to handle it, the offending character needs to be changed before
converting to SJIS.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Postgres Encoding conversion problem
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Encoding conversion problem