Re: Arbitrary precision modulo operation

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Arbitrary precision modulo operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general

DBL_DIG is there (from float.h) to define the precision of the first
operation.  After that, the precision doubles each time.

5 was pretty much picked out of the air (it would be good enough to
ensure correctness but is overkill).  I assumed that you could lose up
to one ULP per operation.

Do it any way you like.  It was just a suggestion.  It is clear that mod
is not working correctly now, and I was trying to be helpful.