Re: Function to kill backend

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Function to kill backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Sybase had something like that:

Syb_kill <pid> to kill a dangling process.

And the undocumented:

Syb_terminate <pid>
to absolutely, positively kill it (Syb_kill only worked sometimes).

In general, I think this approach is a bit worrisome.  It reminds one of
the famous tagline:

"Tip: Don't kill -9 the postmaster."