7.5 beta version

От Dann Corbit
Тема 7.5 beta version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am having some trouble interfacing the 7.5 server built with MINGW
with tools generated using other compilers.

I suspect that the issue is one of default structure packing.  In the
old version we were using, we built PostgreSQL using Intel C++ or MS
VC++ and the same for the libpq and other interfaces.

Now that I have built the server and associated tools with Mingw and a
version of the interface system with MS VC++ and Intel C++, I have
problems using (for instance) libpq.

Some character strings returned early in the struct are fine, but the
numeric fields occurring later are garbled.

Now, this issue seems like it must have happened before, since the
server might be generated on some 64 bit platform and the interface
library on some other platform.

In particular, this function:

char *PQgetvalue(const PGresult *res, int tup_num, int field_num)
{if (!check_tuple_field_number(res, tup_num, field_num))    return NULL;return res->tuples[tup_num][field_num].value;
}

Seems to return nonsense when I get to pointers to non-character data.

Any thoughts?