Re: COPY - Ignore Problems

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: COPY - Ignore Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
How about this:

Let's call your current table tab.
Insert into a table with the same shape as your table tab called 'lfd'.
Create an index on table lfd on fields lname, fname, workdate.
Delete from lfd where lfd.lname = tab.lname and lfd.fname = tab.fname
and lfd.workdata = tab.workdate
Insert into tab select * from lfd

Or something like that.  SQL*Server has something called
IGNORE_DUPLICATES.  It is the only database I recall that has that
feature.