Re: About GPL and proprietary software

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: About GPL and proprietary software
Дата
Список pgsql-general

This is what I find odd about GPL software:
{an illustration}
A man named George opens a spoon factory.  People flock to his shop to
make spoons with no charge for their labor.  You see, it is a company in
combat with the mighty "Oneida" which makes lots of spoons and people
could sure use some cheap, reliable spoons.  If anyone uses these
spoons, then the knife, fork, plate and glass also now belong to George.
Strangely, George charges as much for these spoons (manufactured at no
cost to him) as Oneida.

Make the relevant substitutions in the above illustration with your
favorite GPL/Commercial enterprise.
Choose: Redhat Linux/Windows
Choose: MySQL/Oracle
Or any other such face-off.