Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Re: Two weeks to feature freeze  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

PostgreSQL is a fairly mature product, having been in existence in one
form or another for many years now.

I expect that most of the bugs that surface will be in areas of new
functionality.

Great Bridge had the right idea though.  Let's suppose that they ran
10,000 tests and turned up only one bug.  That would be just as valuable
(if not more so) than turning up 100 bugs.  A large, carefully designed
test system is *proof* of software quality, or at least of the effort to
determine the quality level.  It is also proof of the responsibility of
the software's originators.

Scenario:
You are going to install a tool that your organization will invest its
future in.

Vendor A: "We think our tool is pretty solid and our end users hardly
ever turn up any bugs."

Vendor B:" We think our tool is pretty solid and our 8500 tests
currently show only 3 defects with the released version, and these are
low impact issues.  To view our current database of issues, log onto web
form <page>."

Which tool would you prefer to install?

Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze