Re: oids on disk not in pg_class

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: oids on disk not in pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 7, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Guy Rouillier <guy.rouillier@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a fairly large (1 TB) database we put on all SSDs because of a very high insert and update rate ().  As our
businesshas grown, we've been running into space constraints, so we went looking for files we might be able to delete.

> We found a large number (662 out of 1465 total ) and size (219 GB) of files in the data directory whose name does not
correspondto an oid in the pg_class system catalog table.  That amount of space would address our current space
constraintproblems.  Some of these tables are recent (from today), while others are quite old (large volume in August
andMay, with some smaller ones as far back as February.

You need to be looking at pg_class.relfilenode, not pg_class.oid. They're often the same value, but often not.

Cheers,
  Steve

От: Guy Rouillier
Сообщение: oids on disk not in pg_class
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Altering parent table breaks child table defaults