Re: PROBLEM - Creating a database cluster

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PROBLEM - Creating a database cluster
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
This is a pgAdmin list, not a cygwin one, but yes, you do need cygipc - it will fix this problem. Just download the precompiled version.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: The Grim Reeper Is Here [mailto:tdodnz@hotmail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2002 09:30
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] PROBLEM - Creating a database cluster

Hello
In Cygwin when I go to initialize the database i get the following problem.
Heres exactly what happened up until it just hung there. I am using windows XP running the latest Cygwin and PostgresQL.

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
   Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
   creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
   creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
   creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
   creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
   creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...

Then it just hung on that and never went any further do I need Cygipc or not, when i went to try Cygipc it was unable to finish configuring the source code, also as far as I know isn't it built into Cygwin now. Please help.

Todd Bryant