Re: GPL License

От Dave Page
Тема Re: GPL License
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yeah, I tried to do that with about 10 developers on pgAdmin I when I
wanted to reuse some of the code on pgAdmin II (which has it's own
licence). I eventually had to give up.

psqlODBC has been LGPL much longer than it's has been in the main CVS.
Originally it was written by Christian Czezatke and Dan McGuirk (1996),
following them, Insight Distribution Systems (1996 - 1998 - Byron
Nikolaidis + others iirc), then numerous PostgreSQL developers. Tracking
down all the developers since Christian & Dan would be a nightmare I
suspect - especially as we don't (to my knowledge) have CVS logs prior
to Apr 13 15:01:38 1998.

I would like to see it under BSD licence though...

Regards, Dave.