Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Just to chuck my $0.02 in the pot:

pgAdmin will require modification not matter which route is taken. It
*does* look at columns with negative attnums whenever the user switches
on the 'View System Objects' option which un-hides the pg_*
tables/views, columns with attnums < 1, template1 and more.

From my pov, the least painful route would be to add the attisdropped
column. I can add a check to this far more easily than messing about
with losing columns where attnum < -7 - especially, if in a future
release of PostgreSQL the number of columns like tableoid, xid etc
changes.

Personnally, from a not caring about how it works, just how it's
presented perspective, attisdropped seems much cleaner to me.

I also agree with Christopher - compared to the work the addition of
schemas required (~50 hours in pgAdmin) this is a 2 minute job!

Well, that was more like $0.10....

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN
Сообщение: Re: BETWEEN Node & DROP COLUMN