Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(

От Dave Page
Тема Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Ugh, more options. In this particular case I think it's probably
justified purely because both Microsoft & Borland technologies have
trouble following the spec to the letter (they are after all, probably
the 2 most used developer toolsets on Win32).

I do think the current amount of options is becoming cumbersome though.
Perhaps we can get rid of a few at some point, for example:

Disable GEQO - Is this still required? Presumably the optimiser is
somewhat better now.
KSQO - is not in 7.2 or 7.1 and will probably be completely removed for
7.3 (see thread on pgsql-hackers).
Recognize Unique Indexes - Is there any reason not to do this?
SysTable Prefixes - only pg_ has been used to my knowledge since 6.3.

I personally think *all* options should also be Datasource, not Driver
related. I know Hiroshi added the 'Default' option to the Driver
dialogue, but I know from speaking to others that it's not obvious to
everyone what that means.

Just my $0.02....

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(
Сообщение: Re: int8 becames string in BDE :-(