Re: pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi,

> I have also noticed this bug and have already downloaded the
> binaries in the tarball and read the readme.txt file.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. If pgAdminII is already installed do I really need to run
> regsvr32 on each file?

Probably not all of them, but as the README (and I for that matter)
don't know what classes have changed between the versions you already
have and the versions you're installing it safer to do them all.

> 2. If regsvr32 needs to be run for each file, just want to
> confirm that you mean the (1) .ocx, (12) dll's, and the (1)
> .exe?  (I know the readme says to do this for each file, but
> I just want a confirmation before messing with the registry.)

Not the exe, just the ocx & dll's.

> 3. If I need to run regsvr32 on each file from the tarball,
> will new CLSID entries be created or will they just be
> updated with a new version?  (Really don't want to clutter up
> my registry if it is going to create new entries.)

I really don't know. It depends on what changes are made to the classes
and how VB has decided to register them I suppose. If you're concerned,
just run regsvr32 /u <filename> on each of the old files first.

> 4. Will this fix also allow the update wizard to correctly
> identify the most current odbc driver available as 7.02.0001?
>  (It is now showing the most current driver as version 7.01.0006.)

The fix won't do that, upgrading the ODBC driver will. pgAdmin reads the
version number directly from whatever driver is registered as
'PostgreSQL' (that should be C:\Winnt\System32\psqlodbc.dll or
C:\Windows\System\psqlodbc.dll.

> Thanks for the information and to Dave for creating,
> supporting, and maintaining a great tool!

No problem, glad you like it.

Regards, Dave.