Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 20 Apr 2023, at 11:51, Tobias Bussmann <t.bussmann@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Am 20.04.2023 um 10:50 schrieb Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>:
>>
>> Skimming other callsites of ReadDir and readdir I didn't see any others
>> which could benefit from skipping hidden files.
>
> Could /src/bin/pg_rewind/filemap.c be another candidate for skipping hidden files? The 'copy all other
files'-behaviourseems to be similar to what pg_basebackup does and it uses the same exclude_list_item blacklist
mechanism.

Maybe.  I'm a bit hesitant to add too many smarts to pg_rewind.  It's a tool
for when something has gone wrong with a cluster (albeit probably not at the
filesystem level), and at that point I feel it's better to put the user fully
in charge. Perhaps I'm overly cautious, curious to hear from others.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger
От: Junwang Zhao
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17903: There is a bug in the KeepLogSeg()