Re: Re: Move the postgreSQL database from Drive C to Map Network Drive (Called Z)

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Re: Move the postgreSQL database from Drive C to Map Network Drive (Called Z)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 3, 2012, at 20:20, EllyR <ela_macky@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes you are right, I have read that it is not that reliable, but I have to do
> something for that, what would be your suggestion for this case? Thanks.

Simplest option: install a new local hard drive and configure a tablespace to use it.

Alternative: Buy and configure a new machine then dump/restore your database to it.

Not enough info on resources and requirements to recommend one over the other or to devise additional alternatives.

David J.